10.23.2004

Shnuffle of to Buffalo...

Well, I'm getting ready for my trip back to Buffalo to spend a week realizing why it was ok to move in the first place. Other than the good friends and loving family, there isn't too much to be excited about... maybe a couple good wing joints, (Anchor Bar, here I come!), and perhaps some night life, but past that, out there, it's pretty much just more people, and more rude. Hey, the week before I moved I had a guy spit on my truck while he was crossing the road in front of me... nice eh?

Now, why did I call it Shnuffle? Because I'm sick... sick with a capaital S and that rhymes stress, and that's what I have. I'm hoping that this little head cold / major flu attack goes away sometime soon, or else I'll be making everyone there groogy and sniffley. If this is the case, it will be the second trip I've made this year when I get sicker during the trip. (once in Atlanta in January... another long story, but spent an entire week vacation in bed... Grrr.. bad-lanta!) but it's already on the far tail end, so I guess we'll see. Susan doesn't seem to have it yet, but knowing our luck, she'll come down with symptoms while we're there... aaaah, the good life!

Well, also because of this trip, I'm going to miss out on the release date of the game I've been waiting for ever since my I told my lawyer that this could be the start of a good friendship (i.e. Vice City), but I guess I'll survive. I've already had the wife put enough away to pick it up at bestbuy while I'm driving past it on the way home, and I plan on buying it and having it open before I can finish unloading the truck from home. Tuesday is GTA-TV on G4TechTV, so I'm goning to push a little to get to NY in time to find and claim a couch for that day-a-thon... perhaps order some Taste-Good (TASTES FREAKING GREAT!) and stagger around like a monkey for a while. Past that, I'll guess we'll see.

And while we're on the subject of the kewlest things in known space... I WON AN IPOD MINI FROM HYPERACTIVE!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Not many people really know how much this means to me I guess, becuase I'm already making plans for how I'm going to use it, even though I just got a 30gb Nomad Zen Xtra, so a 4gb ipod isn't that big a deal eh? WRONG! The Zen Xtra is for the music, the Mini is for STYLE. It's like having a BMW and driving your Chevy for the day to day stuff. Need the workhorse, but when you wanna pimp, gotta pull out the bling. I hope my wife understands, I'm planning on using it for everything from an external HD to wether checker... I'm gonna see if there's a way to mod a connector right to the frame of my pc... I'm already nuts about this thing, even if they send me the pink one... (heck, I'll just go metro sexual).

Finally, Since I'm going to be home, this little posting ground is going to be going dark for a while, I know, all One of my readers (i.e. the wife) will be quite upset that I'm not posting for 2 whole days while I'm on the road, but hey, a man's gotta drive, right? But I'm going to be online when I get home, so everyone can rest easy knowing that I'll be up and running again in no time. Pretty soon, this will start becoming a regular PC parts review and opinion column and my personal stuff will go on richardandsusanwoods.blogspot.com, but till that happens... keep comming back for updates to a life set on slow...

TA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home