2.25.2005

Can't you trip like he did?

Aaaah, raise a glass friends and neighbors, and take what ever haluciogenic's you have, the father of gonzo journalism is dead, O Discordia! Hunter S. Thompson took his own life tragically at 5:30 pm Sunday in the kitchen of his Aspen home, and the world is a smaller place for it.

He asked that his ashes be fired from a cannon, and I hope his family is offered their choice of the biggest and loudest, because he was no slouch in life, and shouldn't be in death either... His son is quoted as saying that one of his frequent phrases was "I'm a road man for the Lords Of Karma" and if that is to be interpreted as he decided he was close to overstaying his welcome, well... he could have come stay with us... Anyway, We'll all miss you and never forget what you did for the world and bloging in general.

In case anyone else hasn't made the connection, a blog is little more than what HST started in his writing on the road with his trusty typewriter, and I hope that people never forget that... if you've never read either of the Fear and Loathing letters, stop this second, go get one of the books, at least, read it, and come back to see me. Trust me, it's important, I can wait.... anyway, I'll just let this trail off....

It's 2am, and I'm just about to head off to the great big bed, but I had to put at least one last note here before I passed out. So on this, I'll just say a few things...

First, going back over my posts, I've come to realize I need a email blocker that forwards everything I've written off to a review committee before it gets out of my sent items. I've lately sent a few pretty stupid emails, and actually find myself missing things like Groupwise and Notes, I want to take those back! Not that their intent was bad, just the wording looks like a man who's awake at 2 in the morning wrote them... oh wait...

So, since I've done my service to Hunter, it's tequila time... "Outside my new front door the street is full of leaves..."

Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home