2.06.2005

Wake up and smell the bandwidth...

Just got off the phone with a couple of our best friends who now live in Chicago and gave them a bunch of links to stuff that I felt they might need. It got me thinking that I'm a little remiss on passing out those links here, but going back, I've noticed that there are a lot of them already available, just mixed into the text. So to make up for lost time I'm gonna go over some of them again with more to follow in future posts.

  • Picasa 2 - Google picture software, makes your pictures about 10,000 times easier to work with
  • Ipodder - You don't need an ipod to use this, and it's a wealth of shows that will keep you rolling with laughter, informed, and generally wearded out. Check out the lemon software if you have the time
  • Squetch - This guy needs to win an award for his animation... click the picture of the bunny if you have the time to listen (takes a couple minutes)
  • Popcap - go, play bewjewled, loose a few hours.
  • AmericanComputerSupport - Our new website, it's not finished, so please don't bug us about it, but keep us in mind for all your IT needs
  • kevinrose - thebroken - two websites for the hacker in you.
On another note, some of my friends have accused me of getting a little wordy. Well... try and tell me that you didn't know that about me from the word go. I've been talking nonstop for years and years now... without any signs of slowing. It's who I am... I've always got a story to tell, and usually a long one, or a joke (and usually a bad one) or just something that I need to communicate to the world. If this is a problem, please just scan my posts and find what you are looking for, but this is a Blog... It's for writing, or journalism, or just about anything. It's my way to communicate to the world.

Let's see... I subscribed to an Oragimi mailing list three days ago now, and have had my Gmail flooded with stuff... for those who aren't "in the know" a mailing list is a way for one person to tell lots of people what's on their mind. If you don't know how a mailing list works in a situation like this, avoid it like the plague. I've set up special filters and such to get my info into the right group, so I don't have to look at everything, but this is just a constant barrage. I've gotten 35 emails today with links to folds, page views, requests for fold help... Ok, I love doing a little paper folding, but this is too much. I'm not in it as a job, just a hobby.

Lastly, Sus and I finally went to Deadwood last night... If you haven't been or are coming to the area and are looking for something to do... definatly check it out... if your going to the ol' #10, get in line early, they stop letting people in at some point, and it's definatly packed. Don't expect Vegas, because it's not, but it's definatly a verrry interesting little mountain town, with a lot of history and culture that will keep you coming back. We spend much of our night in the GoldDust's "French Quarter" and the Star Saloon. Very nice places, and if I could remember the bartenders name, I would give him the obligatory "shout-out". This guy was probaly the best bartender I've had since the one I accidentally tipped a 20$... (ok, I didn't remember till the next day I had tipped so big, so I just thought he was REALLLLY attentive). But we gambled a small amount, had a few drinks and generally had a great night. I highly recommend Deadwood if you have a few days in South Dakota and are looking for some adult fun.

Well, that's it for me kids... you all have a great day.

Ta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home