2.10.2005

I just called to say I can't come to the phone right now

Ok, been sick for a bit again, caught a cold from somewhere, and it's kinda kicking my butt. So I'll keep this extremely short folks...

Today I had to make my way down to the school to pick up the boy, and on the way saw a cop giving tickets on my street... which supprisingly made me very happy. Not that I like to laugh at the misery of others, but that they are finally slowing the traffic on my street down again. It's 25 mph on our street and usually I clock people going about 35 or 40, just cruzing like there was no tomorrow. Well, there are kids on the street, deer, and I have to walk accross to pick up my mail, so I never enjoy it when I have to dodge speeding traffic like it was the Rapid City autobahn. How do I clock it you may ask? well, simple... the ol One mississippi trick works wonders when you know how long it takes you at certin speeds to pass distinct landmarks. So that being said, it was fairly easy to get the average speed with just the smallest bit of math. Hope this continues so I don't have to be frogger every time I want to go to the mailbox.

On to the world news, I'm convinced that like the internet, the lack of making money is what's going to shorten the list of podcasters in the world. I'm still working on my show and I've noticed that several people are reducing their ammount of feeds. Now we all know this is because of the lack of mony being made in podcasting, and also like the internet, those that survive will be either truely dedicated to the idea, or found an acceptable business model for cashing in on the success of podcasting. I'm waiting on my microphone personally, since recording with a Creative mono mic kinda sucks, and gets a weard hissing that I can't squelch to save my azz. The internet kinda burst because the large companies were taking over the good sights, making them pay for content, and as such, I think this is a bad thing. Not that anyone shouldn't be rewarded for their work, but remember the early days of the internet, when anything you wanted to know would be avaliable for free? You could go around all day finding information on tuning your drum kit to making baked alaskin and never encounter an add. Now just about everything is either membership sponsored or else it's got two dozen different ad's on the page. Same with podcasting, if they don't make money, they have to work their regular jobs as well, and that will cut down on the time avaliable to podcast. Adam Curry hasn't had a new cast today, and I'm starting to wonder if he also has encountered the necesisaty to reduce his frequency to allow him time to make money with which to live. Que Serah, guess that's how it goes, but like CB-Radio, it will survive with the die-hards involved in the project.

Well, nuff venting, have to go back to work on my webpage... I would like to make a call out to the friends of mine who have decent technical knowledge and would be interested in writing product reviews on stuff they have or are going to buy for the ACS website. There's a iPod review there now, and am always looking for good writing. Let me know? To everyone else, have a great week, I'll talk to ya all tomorrow night...

Ta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home